- To successfully migrate FEC credit cards portfolio from existing VisionPLUS First Data China processing center to First Data India Data Center, powered by EMEA Code Base.
- To meet the migration timeline of hard cut-off on 14th Dec, 2018. It was a critical business objective due to Operational and Regulatory challenges faced by old First Data China Data center.
- Implement the features that will help business to grow in market and provide improved customer experience.
Multiple challenges were encountered during the entire migration project. The following are some glimpses of those challenges:
- Multiple business processes running outside of FirstVision system- Revenue lines operated outside of FV System like Over limit Fees,Late Fees,Annual and Fees and Cycle Spend Fees etc.
- Shared resources – Existing BAU team was utilized for Migration program.
- The FEC overall Data warehouse architecture had multiple databases even outside the cards system that were not transparent to the team, which resulted in challenges in analyzing and fixing issues on DWH side.
- End to end UAT of FirstVision India platform was in scope but challenge was testing the downstream systems and database flow as this was built over past years with limited access to the documentation.
- Number of Functional Gaps needed to be addressed between old and new platform as new platform was running on enhanced EMEA code base.
- Test planning window was greatly reduced due to stringent timelines.
- Multiple unplanned refreshes in test environment from First Data teams impacting the testing progress…….